1) Listen to the story with a grown-up and join in with some of the story.
2) Play the story again but press mute. Retell the story in your own words.
3) Say the days of week in order.
4) Tell a grown-up what the caterpillar ate on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
5) What is the name of the home the caterpillar makes?
6) What does the caterpillar turn into at the end of the story?
1) Listen to the song.
2) Listen to the song and try to sing along with your grown-up.
This week we are learning about positional language.
1) Watch the video and see if you can describe where the cat is.
2) Can you get a teddy bear and hide it in different places? Tell your grown up where you put it.
Watch the video (you can skip the bit where she makes a spider)
1) Can you look at the pictures below and tell a grown up what you notice about them?
Say what they are - tell a grown up what you notice about the three pictures.
Make some rhyming silly soup
Let's sing the song
"We're going to make silly soup.
We're going to make it silly.
We're going to put it in the fridge.
To make it nice and chilly."
Using the rhyming pictures make your silly soup. (Don't forget your bowl and spoon)
Look at the rhyming pictures above. Say what they are. What is the beginning sound when you say the word? Tell your grown up.
Oral segmenting and blending
Can a grown-up segment the words below and your child blend and say what the word is?