School Logo

Clayton St. John C of E Primary School

Growing together in God’s love

Contact Details



Special Educational Needs


At Clayton St John C of E Primary School, we strive to meet the needs of all pupils within our school. All staff are aware of SEND within the school and receive high quality information and training. We aim to quickly identify pupils who are making limited progress and provide targeted interventions and support to meet their needs. We ensure that parents are fully aware of the SEND process and informed of their child’s progress regularly throughout the year. We are a fully inclusive school and have strong links with the Local Authority, Health Professionals and organisations within our community. Our environment is developing regularly and consciously to meet the needs of our pupils. We aim to continue to learn, develop and grow our understanding of SEND across the school to meet the needs of all pupils within our care.


If you wish to discuss SEND at our school, please do not hesitate to contact me:

Miss Catherine Jordan



01274 815862

The Four Main Areas of SEND


If your child has been identified as SEND, it will be determined which of the four areas, will be their main area of need. We promote the ethos of Quality First Teaching within school, to adapt and meet learning needs. We will then follow the process of Assess-plan-do-review alongside parents/carers, to determine the next steps for your child.


Communication & Interaction

  • ASC
  • Speech, learning and communication (SLCN)

Cognition & Learning 

  • Specific learning difficulty (SpLD)
  • Mild to moderate learning difficulty (MLD)
  • Severe learning difficulty (SLD)
  • Profound multiple learning difficulty (PMLD)

Social, Emotional & Mental Health

  • Struggling with social skills and/or managing their emotions

  • Difficulties maintaining healthy relationships with others.

  • Mental health problems, such as anxiety and depression may affect children’s social and emotional behaviour.

  • Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)

Sensory and/or Physical

  • Visual impairment (VI)
  • Hearing impairment (HI)
  • Multi-sensory impairment (MSI)
  • Physical disability (PD)


Clayton St John C of E Primary School SEND process flow chart

Bradford Local Offer


All local authorities must publish a Local Offer, setting out in one place information about provision they expect to be available across education, health and social care for children and young people in their area.


Everything you need to know


What's new?

We celebrated Neurodiversity week from the 18th to the 24th March. 

As part of our celebrations, our pupils made posters to display around school. 


New Sensory Room