Good Morning Year 1,
Please complete the activities below then email them to your class teacher. We are looking forward to seeing your fantastic work.
If you would like to print out any of this work, please click on the PDF at the bottom of this page.
Practise forming the capital letters below. Write one line of each letter into your home learning book.
M N O P Q R
This week in English we are going to be looking at the story called The Old Toy Room. Listen to the story again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDFA24nK8dU
Look at the pictures below. Can you draw the pictures in the right order into your home learning book?
Today we are going to learn about the special friend oo- look at a book
Watch the video to learn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3UUnmNk1UM
Read the story below. Make a list of any words you can spot with the short oo special friend.
Now write some sentences using the words you have found.
1. Copy the words below into your book.
2. Underline the special friends you can see.
3. Fred talk the word.
4. If its a real word put a tick next to it, if its a nonsense word put a cross next to it.
look shool thoop cook hook book
Now go to the video centre https://clayton-st-john-bradford.primarysite.media/
Click on your child's phonic group e.g Year 1 Phonics Green and watch the next video.
1 more than 3 is ___
1 more than 7 is ___
1 less than 8 is ___
1 less than 2 is ___
Watch the video to learn at https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/week-7-number-addition-subtraction/ Click on the video called addition-adding more.
Have a go at these questions – you might need your grown up to help you read the question but remember to listen for the important numbers. Remember you can use objects at home to help you.
Can you write these as number sentences? ___ + ___ = ____
- There are 5 kids on a bus. 3 more get on. How many kids are on the bus now?
- Miss Shaw has 6 pens. Miss Hopkins gives her 4 more. How many pens does Miss Shaw have now?
- Sam has 2 sweets. His Mum gives him 3 more. How many sweets does Sam have now?
- There are 3 cars in a car park. 6 more come and park. How many cars are there now?
- 4 birds are sat in a tree. 5 more come and join them. How many birds are there now?
Share a story together.
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ This website has lots of ebooks which the children can read to you.
This week we are continuing our work on old and new toys.
Read the information below with your grown ups.
Now look at the pictures below. Can you sort the pictures below into old toys and new toys?
Draw them into books.
Well done for another great day of home learning.