By the end of Y6 we want our pupils to:-
- Know where globally significant places are in relation to one another.
- Know where West Yorkshire and Bradford are in relation to the UK and the world.
- Know what the important geographical features of Yorkshire are and where they are located.
- Know and understand some of the processes that have created physical features such as mountains, rivers, cliffs and beaches.
- Know and understand some of the processes that give rise to human features such as villages, towns, cities, agricultural and how these processes are interdependent.
- Know how to collect information to help them to gain understanding of the geography of an area.
- Know how to interpret a range of information; for example, maps, globes, aerial photographs and diagrams.
- Know how to present geographical information in a variety of ways; for example, maps, diagrams, charts and through writing at length.