By the end of Y6 we want our pupils to:-
- Have high standards of language and literacy.
- Have a strong command of spoken and written English.
- Have a love of literature and read widely for pleasure and information.
- Be able to read fluently and with good understanding.
- Have developed the habit of reading widely and often for pleasure and for information.
- Have developed a wide vocabulary, an understanding of grammar and the language conventions for reading, writing and spoken language.
- Have an appreciation of our rich and varied literary heritage.
- Write clearly in a range of styles for different purposes and audiences.
- Be able to explain their ideas and understanding clearly and use discussion to help them to learn.
- Be able to use speaking and listening effectively in a range of different contexts – formal and informal.