Welcome to English everybody! This week, we are going to be applying our learning from last week to Character descriptions. Let's take a look at one:
Harry had always been small and skinny for his age… Harry had a thin face, knobbly knees, black hair and bright green eyes. He wore round glasses held together with a lot of cellotape because of all the times Dudley had punched him in the nose. The only thing Harry liked about his appearance was a very thin scar on his forehead which was shaped like a bolt of lightning.
Use the evidence from the text to answer the questions below and then check your answers.
- How do you know Harry is undernourished?
- List three adjectives that the author uses to describe Harry
- Do you agree that Harry has poor eyesight. What evidence is there for this?
- What evidence is there that Harry is neglected?
- Why might Harry like the scar on his forehead?
- How do you feel as a reader when reading the description?