This week we are going to learn all about diary recounts. I've really enjoyed reading your diary entries in the past but now we know more sentence types, higher level conjunctions and punctuation, they should be absolutely fantastic!
Your task for today is to read the diary entry on the text from last week and answer the comprehension questions.
Remember- If the questions requires you to explain, make a point, give evidence from the text and explain your point in detail!
- Summarise what Demelza’s problem is.
- What was Demelza trying to make?
- What is the closest meaning to kibosh
- Who does Demelza admire?
- What does the word 'apprenticeship' mean?
- Where will Demelza work from now on?
- Why does Demelza struggle to work on her inventions in the dark?
- Why can’t Demelza start working in the garage straight away? List two reasons.
- How do you know that Demelza is a gifted inventor?
- What evidence is there that Demelza likes to work privately?
If these questions are too tricky, try these!
1) What machine is Demelza trying to make?
2) Who disturbed Demelza when she was working on her invention?
3) Why does Demelza want to invent REMARKABLE ROBOTIC HAND FOR HOMEWORK HATERS?
4) Who does Demelza want to work for?
5) Where will Demelza move her furniture to?
6) What has Demelza invented so that she won't be disturbed whilst working?